Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
I finally found sun-dried tomatoes that are all natural and without any added oils! Ah I was so excited the minute I found them that I bought four bags of them! Dried tomatoes can take almost any dish to a whole new level! Pasta with pieces of dried tomatoes and olives? Yes please! Ah they are so good and flavorful. I'm sure that if I didn't find them I would've made them by myself. I might have to do that if they disappear from the market again.
That's what I miss about living in the US. I could almost find anything I wanted at the supermarket. If I didn't find it, then I can always order it online. Well, except for Sukkari dates! Anyways, not finding what you need at the store gives you a push to make it yourself. Pumpkin puree anyone?
I love to dip baked potatoes in it or to mix it with rice! Yum. You can also thin it with some water and mix it in with your pasta and some basil or oregano. AHH!
If you're a big fan of sun-dried tomatoes then check out this sun-dried tomato hummus recipe and wait for many more to come! Inshallah.
Sun-dried Tomato Dip
- 1 cup dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked for +4 hours
- 1 cup of water (from hydrating the tomatoes)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- black pepper to taste
- chili pepper to taste
- dried basil optional
- Pour hot water over the dried tomatoes to rehydrate them (save the water)
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-speed blender or a food processor
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend
- Taste and adjust
- Add more water if you want it to be more of a sauce and less of a spread.