Pumpkin Puree in Three Steps
I smell like pumpkin. I wanted to make pumpkin puree for the longest time, but I also had another thousand recipes I wanted to make as well. I finally got around to making it when I moved here because I was forced to since I can't find it at the stores haha. It's so simple to make and you can make a lot and store it in the fridge or freezer and make delicious bakery with it or mix it in with your oatmeal.
Note:I used butternut squash since they're very sweets and are in season. Try to buy ones that are almost straight, they usually have more squash and less of the flesh you need to scoop out. Oh and easier to work with!
Cut. Boil. Puree.
That's it. But it more details:
- Cut the top and bottom edges of the squash
- You can use a peeler to easily peel off the skin or you can wait and remove the skin after boiling.
- Cut in half and scoop out the seeds
- Cut in smaller pieces and relatively the same size
- Boil the water then add the squash
- Boil for 15-20 mins
- Allow it to cool, then if you didn't remove the skin, remove it
- Puree in a food processor