Spicy Dill Dairy-free Cheese
Love cheese but don't love all the crap that comes with it? Did you know that all dairy products, specifically cheese contain high amounts of casein? Casein triggers our brain opioid receptors, making us addicted to it! Ask any vegetarian why they wouldn't go vegan, they'll most likely say "cheese".
Drugs and highly processed foods have the same impact on our brains. Casein has many other problematic issues. From cancer, type-1 diabetes, and many other diseases.
The good news is that you don't have to give up cheese! You can make your own cheese at home in 10 minutes. It can be cashew based, soy, almond, or sometimes just vegetables!
The trick? Play with the spices.
Spicy Dill Vegan Cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water or soy milk*
- 1/8 tsp garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dill + more for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Chili pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce optional
* I used one cup of liquid because I wanted it to be a cheese dip. For thicker cheese, simply use less liquid.
- For best results, soak the cashews for four hours
- In a food processor, mix all of the ingredients together until smooth
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference