Quinoa Cereal Bowl
Like most people, growing up, cereal was my favorite food. If I had the choice, I'd eat it for breakfast and dinner. And if I didn't change my eating habits to a healthier one, I'd probably still be eating cereal as an adult, but after noticing that it doesn't fill me up nor give me the energy I need to do all the activities I desire to do, I had to find something else.
First, I switched to the healthier version of cereals but they didn't do it for me either and after reading the ingredients I decided to quit cereal.
However, a year ago, I accidentally created the most delicious cereal recipe ever! I made it for the girls in the last workshop and everyone was amazed. I will be sharing the recipe for it soon here as well x Let's talk about this recipe though. It's super healthy yet delicious and a great option for those who are tight on time. Add Wize hazelnut butter for a deeper, earthy, and Nutella like flavor. This was the best hazelnut butter I've ever had. Ugh, I'm craving it right now.
Healthy and delicious, that's what I'm about.
Quinoa Cereal Bowl
- 1.5 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana + 1 cup of cold water (or plant milk of choice)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp of cacao powder - optional
- 3 pitted dates
- Toppings: coconut, goji berries, cacao nibs, pepitas, almonds, Wize hazelnut butter or butter of choice
- Sliced figs or bananas for toppings
- The more toppings the better
- To cook the quinoa, wash and rinse, then add to a pan with double the amount in water.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed.
- Don't overcook it. Unless you like mushy cereal.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container and always use a clean spoon to scoop out the quinoa.
- Add your precooked and preferably cooled quinoa to a bowl
- Blend the frozen banana with 1 cup of water (more or less depending on your preference)
- Add cinnamon, pitted dates or sweetener of choice, and cacao powder if desired.
- Blend until smooth
- Top on your quinoa and add your favorite toppings. The crunchier the better!