Cinnabon Smoothie Bowl
This is my new favorite "nice cream". I might be a little early for fall, but hey, this smoothie is so much better than your good old banana nice cream.
Let me tell you why.
1. It doesn't melt
2. It fills you up.
3. more diverse, more nutritious.
Let's just get into the recipe
200 grams of boiled and frozen sweet potatoes - drain well before freezing
200 grams ripe frozen bananas (~2 large bananas) or sub for more sweet potatoes + a sweetener
1/2 cup of water or plant milk
3 pitted dates
1 tbsp of cashew butter or almond butter (I used Health Couture Cajou butter)
1/2 tbsp of coconut butter (optional)
Cinnamon to taste
Pinch of ginger (optional)
2 tbsp of cacao powder - optional
1 tbsp cherry jam or pitted cherries - optional, for an extra tang
- Cut the sweet potatoes into small pieces and boil until soft, about 15 minutes
- Let them cool then freeze for 8 hrs or so
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor
- Blend until smooth
- enjoy with your favorite toppings! I added, cacao nibs, goji berries, pepitas, sunflower kernels, and cinnamon!
*You can get the cajou butter, cacao nibs, cacao powder, and cherry jam at Biotic.