These cookies oh my oh my. Goeey, soft, and sweet.
This recipe has been to my rescue the past month! They're the perfect treat to bring on a friends gathering or a movie night.
So easy to make and will be ready in less than half an hour! But if that's too long for you, then you can enjoy them raw.
The dates and walnuts complement each other very well and the coconut gives it a flavor we all love and don't get me started on the saffron! I know it's expensive but after you learn about the benefits of saffron in this video, you'll reconsider investing in this marvelous spice.
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup mixed nut butter
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350F / 175 C
- In a food processor blend all the ingredients except for the saffron, save it for last
- Once the mixture becomes sticky and grainy, add the saffron and puls.
- Form the dough into cookie shapes and place on a nonstick baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Take out of the oven and handle them gently as they'll be very soft here
- LET THEM COOL to harden
- After letting them cool for 15 minutes or so, enjoy them with a cup of sesame milk