Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies!
These cookies are chewy, dense, and oh so satisfying! You can bake them or eat it as a cookie dough without worrying about having a stomachache later on.
Naturally sweetened with dates so you still have all the fiber in there to prevent your blood sugar from spiking up and then dropping down quickly, leaving you feeling tired all of the sudden.
This recipe is inspired by the amazingly creative Minimalist Baker. Seriously, how can someone be this creative with food while still keeping it simple! Such an inspiration.
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Sukkari or Medjool dates pitted
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ginger
- a small bar of dark chocolate or cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175c)
- Process the dates in a food processor until they're soft and gooey like a caramel paste
- Add the spices, the vanilla, and peanut butter then mix
- Add the oats, almond meal, and flax meal and combine with slowly adding the almond milk
- The dough should be sticky and well combined
- You can eat it as it is and mix it with coconut and cacao nibs or
- You can chop your dark chocolate and top the cookies with it
- Then stick it in the oven for 20 minutes
*Since there is no baking powder in this recipe, you want to spread your cookies in the size you want them since they won't get bigger.