I have made this recipe many many times! Playing around with different combinations and measurements. I've tried to make it with almond butter or tahini. They were good and gone in a few hours. But nothing was as good as the peanut butter version and specifically this recipe.
I like using date syrup instead of any other sweetener since it is considered the healthiest sweetener out there as it is made out of whole dates. So it is not stripped out of any of its nutrients.
Popped Quinoa Bars
- 4 cups popped quinoa
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cups date syrup or maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp cacao powder*
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat then add the peanut butter, syrup, and cacao and mix very well
- Start adding the water slowly while mixing.
- Turn off the heat and place the popped quinoa in a large bowl
- Mix in the cacao sauce and keep mixing it until every pop of quinoa is covered in cacao
- Press in a square dish and freeze for 20 minutes or so then cut up in whatever shapes you 'd like.
*the more cacao powder you add, the more it's going to taste like dark chocolate.