Orange Cranberry Pumpkin Pudding
Do you want to know how I came up with this recipe? I was actually making muffins and while I was mixing the wet ingredients together, I tasted it to check the sweetness of it AND I remember thinking. OH GOD THIS IS SO GOOD! I could've just stopped there. But muffins. Besides the oven was preheated already.
Anyways so the next day I make this because you cannot have enough pumpkin in October. I added the orange to give it that extra kick. So even if you think that you don't like orange flavored desserts, I suggest that you give it a try. It really does take it to a whole new level.
Orange Cranberry Pumpkin Pudding!
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin or squash (steam or boil half a squash for 30 mins then mash it)
- 7 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any plant-based milk will do)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- pinch of ground ginger
- In a blender or a food processor, mix all the ingredients together and blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust sweetness
- Let it chill in the fridge for a few minutes
- Top with some crushed pecans and dried cranberries