Nutty Bliss Balls
I usually make peanut butter chocolate bliss balls, and they're soo good (recipe coming soon) but they're more of a treat than a snack, so this time I decided to make a completely different kind of bliss balls than the ones I'm used to having. These bliss balls are different but still as good.
They are perfect for a snack on the go (think camping or road trips) or when you're home and just don't feel like making anything (we all have those moments..) They are not sweet at all, instead they have a nutty flavor and a rich texture. Oh and did I mention that they're very filling?
- 1/4 cup raw cashews about 35 grams
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats about 45 grams
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup crunchy almond butter about 96 grams
- 4 tbsp almond milk (added gradually)
- pure vanilla extract
- stevia optional
- Add everything in a food processor except for 2 tbsp of the almond milk
- Gradually add the almond milk as needed. This might depend on the type of almond butter you're using.
- blend until a ball is formed by your food processor
- roll into small balls, then coat them with your favorite toppings. I used shredded coconut, cocoa nibs, sesame seeds, and sprouted pumpkin seeds.
*sesame seeds or similar seeds work best. They are easier to work with because they stick quickly.