I don't celebrate my birthday anymore, well not the typical way anyways. So I still get excited about my birthday and subconsciously count down how many days are left until I get a year older. I'm 24 years old now.
So how do I celebrate my birthday? As I've mentioned in this post, I'm an introvert. As many individuals of my kind, I enjoy my company and I love spending time with myself.
I also love pancakes. So the plan was this, make pancakes after my yoga practice and layer them with chocolate spread. the chocolate was a crucial part of the plan. But, as I was looking through my jars, then checking in the freezer, I realized that I'm out of cocoa powder. Seriously?
Sure I can run to the store and get some cacao, but since I'm trying to limit my waste production and there isn't a bulk store in Riyadh that offers cacao powder, I started looking for alternatives.
Now I can tell you that I'm glad I ran out of cacao!
Benefits of Saffron
- The scent of saffron may reduce stress hormone levels
- Saffron eases the symptoms of PMS
- Can prevent and treat Alzheimer's
- Can improve sexual dysfunction in men and women
- Saffron works as well as antidepressant drugs without the side effects.
- As effective as prozac in treating clinical depression
- Improves memory
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1/3 cup mashed sweet potato or butternut squash or a ripe banana
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato and butternut squash
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger, cardamom, and saffron
- 1/3 cup water or plant milk
- 5-7 soft dates
- Sift the flour then add the cinnamon and baking powder
- In a blender mix all the wet ingredients until smooth
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry
- Preheat a pan over medium-low heat and cook each side for 1-2 minutes or until the surface is covered in bubbles
- Keep cooked pancakes in the oven on 200F to keep them nice and warm
- Meanwhile, make the saffron cream
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender and blend then taste and adjust to your liking
- Layer the pancakes with the saffron cream and enjoy!