Vegan Cheesecake Nice Cream
I've had the idea for a few months now. Since the beginning of summer, which is April in Saudi. But we have a saying here in Saudi that translates to "There's a benefit in every delay" okay it sounds so much better in Arabic, but I did my best. The saying says so much about our culture. To be fair, I've met a lot of punctual individuals in this country. However, it's pretty chill.
For me, cheesecake is the perfect dessert in the summer and spring. It's light yet full of flavor and so damn satisfying. It's creamy and fruity at the same time, making it ideal for a warm day.
The "cream" in this recipe tastes just like an ice cream cheesecake filling!! I was surprised at the results honestly. For the fruit spread, you can use whatever you like. Blueberries, in particular, will go very well with it. I only had currants on hand and since I'm trying not to buy any plastic, I resisted the temptation to buy blueberries that are usually packed in plastic containers or bags. Unless you can get them from the farmersmarket, you can pack them in your own container.
Giving up plastic has been interesting. It's challenging at times, but honestly, it's a lot easier than I thought. Besides, I'm eating local and in season now! So win win.
Vegan Cheesecake Jar
- 1/2 cup of any berry (I used currants)
- 1 tbsp of water
- lemon juice or coconut sugar if needed
- 3 ripe bananas peeled and frozen overnight
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
Rawnola (not my original recipe)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 5 pitted dates
- In a Vitamix or food processor make the rawnola by adding all the ingredients and mixing
- Place the rawnola in a separate bowl
- In a vitamix or a food processor mix your fruit of choice without water first, if it needs water add it
- If you're making it in a large food processor you might need to double the ingredients in order to it to mix
- Place the fruit mix at the bottom of your jar
- Make the cream now by adding all the ingredients
- Add to the jar and using a chopstick move the fruit mixture around creating a beautiful design
- Add your rawnola at the top of layer it with the cream
- Enjoy immediately!