Upgrade Your Chocolate Buttercups
Ay Dios mío! These are heavenly, ah the way they melt in your mouth with their soft texture and rich flavor! Plus they're raw and so easy to make.
What I love about these is that they're very filling and satisfying, one piece after lunch and I'm good. Two if it's been a long day! Topped your smoothies with a piece for an extra treat after your treat!
(Feel free to double the batch!)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (more or less) maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- peanut butter with flaxseed and chia seeds
- almond butter
- Cashew butter
- Sunflower butter (Perfect for people who are allergic to nuts, and it's delicious!)
Toppings and extra filling ideas:
For an extra crunch add: Freeze-dried raspberries, sea salt, buckwheat groats, sunflower seeds, nuts, puffed quinoa, homemade jelly, dates. Get creative!
- Mix the chocolate ingredients together. Feel free to add more or less maple syrup.
- Cover the bottom of your cupcake cups with chocolate
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes
- Add the filling and flatten out. Add toppings if you want.
- Cover with chocolate, and top with desired toppings (unless it's sea salt or something that'll dissolve in the chocolate)
- Freeze for 15 minutes
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
*If you want to top with sea salt or sugar, add the cups to the freezer for about a minute or two (you want the chocolate to set but not freeze completely so the salt can stick to it without dissolving