I don't know anyone who doesn't love granola. It's so addictive that you'd finish a whole bag without knowing. What I love the most about granola is that it takes your nice-cream or smoothie bowl to a whole new level. I think it's safe to say that almost all people love a crunch to their bowls. Yeah?
I love granola so much that one of my best friends gifted me a huge granola bag for my birthday. She knows me so well. Okay, now that I'm done expressing my feelings for granola, I'll say what I don't love.
Store bought granola is more often than not filled with hydrogenated oils, sugars, and preservatives. Making your own takes a while in the oven and sometimes burns if you're not careful. Ugh. But thankfully, someone came up with something called "Rawnola" it's basically raw granola. Now that is genius!!
Crunchy Gooey Rawnola
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
- 3/4 cup sukkari dates pitted (about 12 dates)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds or shredded coconut
- In a food processor or a high-speed blender mix the buckwheat and dates
- when small balls start forming add the oats and sesame seeds
- process a little bit more until more small balls start forming.
- Place in a mason jar and give it to someone you care about!
Note: If using a high-speed blender watch out not to over mix and the whole thing turning into dough. (It will still be delicious, though!)