This is the first post of 2016 with a lot of excitement and motivation. I'm looking forward to seeing what this year brings. On January second, I started writing my goals, but before finishing the list, I decided to write down the things that happened in 2015 and what I've I accomplished. By doing that, I was SO inspired to do my best this year and see where things go. If you haven't written down your goals for 2016 yet, I highly encourage you to do so. You don't have to do this on January first, even if it's weeks into the year, it's never too late to set some goals.
- Graduated from college
- Moved back to Saudi
- Hosted an event with AIESECGo Global
- Started Learning Español
- Shaved my head
- Made a website
- Became vegan and started exploring plant-based lifestyle
- Started meditating daily
- Ended my coffee addiction. No more daily cup of Joe
- Started a personal training program
- Deepened my yoga practice
- Visited NY, CA, DC, VA, and Qatar
- Learned Salsa, Bachata, and Merengue
- Danced my ass off
As much as I miss the States; I'm thankful for moving because in a way most of the things I changed or let go of happened with moving. I honestly don't think I would've been able to change those bad habits or transition from being vegetarian to learning about the impacts a vegan lifestyle has on the environment, the animals, world hunger, and our health. Also, I don't think I would've gotten the idea to start a blog. I'm happy with the things that happened in 2015 and for the things I've learned. I'm not saying it was an easy year; 2015 was actually one of the toughest and most stressful years of my life, but it ended well and a lot better than I ever thought.
I also didn't cross off a few goals in 2015. I never went to Canada or spent the night camping. Oh and I was supposed to visit the local libraries in Riyadh, start painting again, read 25 books (I only got to 9 haha) but I also re-read some books.
You know what else I didn't finish in 2015? The Harry Potter series, I got half way through I think, and I really liked them but there are so many other things I want to watch and eh, I'm hungry right now. Sorry, that's irrelevant, but I got so hungry all of the sudden and started thinking about what to eat. As I was saying, I didn't finish watching all of the Harry Potter movies probably because they're not on Netflix.
- Continue learning Spanish. I'm almost done with Duolingo and I've made a few native Spanish speaking friends through Go Speaky and Tandem the app.
- Go on a yoga retreat and/or start a teacher training!
- Visit Canada already. My last visa expired without going, so hopefully this won't happen again.
- Go Camping
- Dubai, since it's so close and it has been many years since the last time I was there.
- Meditate twice a day for 20-30 minutes
- Kind and clear communication
- Give more. Not just physical materials, but also intangible things such as my time. I'm very selfish when it comes to that.
- Spend more time with my Grandmas.
- Fill the house with plants AND keep them alive.
- Spend more time in nature. It's difficult to do this in Riyadh, but I'm starting to find ways to be outside more often. Hopefully, I'll have a blog post about active living in Riyadh or better yet, a page.
- Listen to my body.
- Take care of my knees.They're especially hurting me right now after sitting in the car for hours traveling.
- And for the love of god, stop running when your knees hurt.
- Start painting and drawing again
- Release an Ebook?
- Read 20 books
Change doesn't happen overnight. It happens gradually, so I'll be taking it easy, few steps at a time. That's how permanent change happens. Always be kind to yourself and others.
There are many other goals I want to achieve, but I know that I'll probably not be able to accomplish them in 2016 such as exploring parts of Saudi Arabia. Those goals will be going to my bucket list for another year.
I'll probably be adding more goals to this list as I cross things off. Another thing I'd like to mention is that I also have monthly lists to break down yearly lists. I start one as each month approaches. And let's not forget my daily to-do lists. I love to-do lists because I feel like they give a purpose and direction to my day, instead of aimlessly going through the day not knowing how it's 8 PM already.
Let me know what your resolutions are for the year and what resolutions you have accomplished or broken in 2015!