I'll be honest with you and tell you that these falafel turned out a lot better than I ever imagined. They're the best falafel I've ever had.
Well flavored and SO satisfying. Plus, they make great leftovers.
I highly encourage you to have this in a warm pita with the tahini sauce. It's sour and refreshing, balancing out the savory flavor and density of the falafel.
These falafel are dense yet fluffy, bold yet refreshing, satisfying, yet light. Oil-free, gluten-free, and of course, vegan.
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, onion powder, sweet paprika, and smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbsp of ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder optional (to make them a little fluffy)
- Sesame for coating optional
- Extra ground flaxseeds for coating
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp of water to thin it out
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/175 C
- In a food processor blend all of the ingredients together until they become sticky
- Form them into mini thick patties and bake for 20 minutes flipping them half way
- Enjoy with warm pita bread, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and tahini sauce.