Beets & Carrot Soup
I don't understand how a lot of people dislike beets. The color alone makes me fall in love with this root vegetable. It's a sweet vegetable, what's not to love? And all the health benefits are just a plus.
This soup is sweet and savory. My favorite combination after sweet and sweet. I love my sweet tooth and I make sure I satisfy it. Even if that meant eating a sweet meal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Fruits for lunch and pancakes for dinner? Yes, please.
what I love about this recipe is that it's creamy while still simple. All you need is to steam the veggies and blend them. No need for any creamers or coconut milk. I like to add ground ginger to spice things up a bit. Serve with lemon wedges for that extra kick.
Beet & Carrot Soup
- Beets (about 4-5 cups cut in halves)
- +1 cup diced carrots
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- black pepper to taste
- +5 cups filtered water
- Scallions or parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Clean and cut the veggies then steam them for about 10-15 mins or until tender.
- Let them cool down a bit (if you have a sensitive blender)
- Add the ginger and black pepper. Process until smooth
- Garnish with scallions
- Serve immediately.