Savory Steel-Cut oats
It's obvious how much I love sweets. I never thought that I'd like savory oats this much! They're SOOOO good. I thought it's going to taste weird since I'm used to my oats being sweet. But no. This recipe was flavorful and satisfying beyond words.
I've wanted to share it for while but you know life. So here it is finally.
Let me know if the comments below what's your favorite way to eat oats! I'd love to know.
Savory Golden Steel Cut Oats
- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- chili pepper to taste
- pepper and sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans
- a handful of spinach
- Sriracha to serve
- In a small saucepan, boil the water
- Add the oats and lower the heat to a simmer
- Add the spices and mix
- When the water is absorbed add in the beans (if using organic then add it all, if not, then rinse and drain)
- Add the spinach and any other veggies you'd like to use (mushrooms would be great but add them before!)
- Turn off the heat and add the soy sauce and mix
- Garnish with basil and sriracha!