Easy Banana Oatmeal (2 Ways)
An old friend requested this recipe from me after she discovered my page. I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet. I make this recipe ALL the time! It's one of my go-to oatmeal recipes.
Whenever I have ripe bananas (spotted and a bit soft) I make a few jars of oatmeal and eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner the next few days. It's easy and quick. And personally, I don't need to add any sweeteners, as I find the bananas and cinnamon add enough flavor and sweetness.
Get creative! Layer it with chia pudding or your favorite nut-butter! Add in your favorite fruits, dried or fresh! Eat it cold or warm. And for a special treat, pair it with nice-cream while it's warm!!! (Favorite breakfast of all time!)
Easy Banana Oatmeal (2 ways)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 banana for decoration optional
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut milk optional
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil
- Add in the rolled oats and cinnamon and stir
- When most of the water is absorbed add the coconut milk
- Turn off the heat and mash in the two bananas and mix well
Method #2 overnight oats
- In a mason jar, mix one cup of rolled oats with 1 cup+2 tbsp of plant-based milk (almond, coconut, rice, any.) and cinnamon
- Add in the mashed bananas and mix well
- Eat it right away, or for better taste, let it chill in the fridge for 4 hours or so.
Toppings: Cacao nibs, almond butter, peanut butter, dates, dried cranberries, goji berries, etc.
*If you want your oatmeal to be creamy, then add the oats with the water from the beginning.
*Feel free to add maple syrup, date sugar, or coconut sugar, if you want it to be sweeter.