Butternut Squash Ice Cream
Banana-less nice cream. No churning required. No added sugar. Pumpkiny with a caramel flavor. Quick. SO creamy. Annnddd, it doesn't melt! It's magical.
I thought I was a kitchen genius and that I came up with this recipe, but I quick search on YouTube, and yup. Someone else thought of it too lol.
Anyways, I find this method yields the best results while still keeping it healthy.
Butternut Squash Ice Cream!
- 2 large butternut squash
- 5 soft dates
- 1/2 cup plant milk or water (coconut milk for best results)
- Optional add-in ideas: cinnamon, cacao, almond butter, pomegranate molasses, or frozen bananas!
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C)
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds and flesh
- Bake orange side down on a nonstick baking sheet for 45-55 minutes or until a knife can go through easily
- Let it cool then remove the skin and store in an airtight container in the freezer for 8 hrs
- Blend the squash with all the other ingredients until creamy
- Taste and adjust the sweeteness to your liking