Ramadan Kareem to all of those who are celebrating it, er fasting.
Anyways, I want to start a recipe series for Ramadan, but really can be used any time of the year. These recipes will be quick, easy, and plant-based. I will include recipes that are easily digested and energizing for futoor (the meal we break our fast with). For suhoor (a meal that's eaten right before dawn or the last meal we eat before starting our fast) these recipes will be filling and slowly digested to help you sustain your energy throughout the day.
I figured that it's only right to start with a recipe that invloves dates. This recipe can be eaten for futoor or suhoor as it's simple but at the same time filling from all the nut butter inside the dates.
Coconut-Almond Stuffed Dates
- Sukkari dates
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- 1 tbsp tahini
- shredded coconut to garnish
- In a food processor process the almonds until they turn into flour
- Add the coconut to the food processor and process until it turns into butter.
- It will take about 10-15 minutes. Keep scraping the sides as needed.
- Add maple syrup if you want, but I liked the butter to be a bit bitter so it goes well with the dates.
- Remove the pit from the dates and fill them with the butter
- Sprinkle with tahini and coconut
تمر محشي بزبدة اللوز و الجوز
- تمر سكري
- ٢ كاس لوز ني
- ١/٢ كاس جوز هند مبشور
- ١ م ك شراب القيقب اختياري
- ١ م ك طحينة
- جوز هند مبشور لزينة
- بالخلاط نخلط اللوز الا ان يتكون لدقيق
- نضيف الجوز و نخلط حتى ان يتحول لزبدة. نضيف شراب القيقب حسب الرغبة
- نزيل النواة من التمر و نحشيه بالزبدة
- نغطي التمر بالطحينة و الجوز