As a kid, my grandma used to always make the most refreshing mint juice. It was my favorite. I remember it was the only reason we would stop playing and actually eat dinner.
Now, I often find myself feeling nostalgic and crave the juice my grandma used to make, but now I know that it was filled with refined sugar, so I had to recreate it in a healthy way. I found that a ripe banana and apples are a great way to sweeten it up without using refined/artificial sugars or using other natural sugars that wouldn't necessarily go well with the flavors in this juice.
I made many versions of this juice at the gym I work at until I came up with the best combinations. A lot of people loved it and didn't realize that it had spinach in it.
Mint Green Juice
- a handful of mint
- 2 apples (use gala to make it sweet or one gala one green for a sour flavor)
- 2-4 cups of spinach
- 1 small cucumber
- lemon juice from 2 lemons
- 1 ripe banana optional
- Ice cubes optional
- 4-5 cups of filtered water
- Mix everything in a high-speed blender
- Enjoy with a few ice cubes
- Give it a stir before drinking
*Stays fresh for up to 24 hours in the fridge.