This is for all of you chocolate lovers out there. But be careful, this Rawnola is kind of addictive.
If you want to know the truth I was trying to make clean vegan chocolate chips and failed miserably. I think the problem was that the chocolate cooled before I had the time to drip it into tiny perfectly shaped chocolate chips.
I wasn't just gonna dump all the chocolate though. Alternativly, I I finally found the perfect topping for all of those nice creams and smoothies. I bet you can even eat this with some mylk. Not to mention how good it is by itself. Arguebly better than chocolate chips.
Chocolate Rawnola From Scratch
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup cacao powder
- dash of sea salt
- vanilla extract or vanilla bean to keep it raw optional
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 12-15 dates pitted
- +2 tbsp maple syrup
- +2 tbsp rice malt or agave
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil. Keep the heat very low (below 110F to keep it raw)
- When the oil is melted, add 1/4 cup of cacao powder at a time and mix. Add sea salt and vanilla
- Add sweetener. Taste and adjust. Keep mixing. It should be very thick at this point
- In a food processor mix oats, dates, chocolate, and shredded coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge
Note: It might look too fine for Rawnola but after you store it in the fridge for a few hours it will harden up and crumble.