Homemade Walnut Butter
Walnut butter is a great alternative to your regular peanut butter, and it's perfect for fall and winter with its comforting smell and rich flavor. You can use it on bread, pancakes, or oatmeal, or add it in your granola bars recipe (planning to do that).
I remember walnuts got expensive a few years ago when almost everyone knew that they're incredibly healthy; full of omega-3, cancer fighting, rare antioxidants, and help with weight control.
- 2.5 cups walnuts (soaked for 4 hrs and rinsed)
- ≈2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- dash of cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup optional
- You'll need a food processor, but it doesn't have to be a great one.The one I used was pretty old and it worked.
- Process walnuts and cinnamon.
- Add maple syrup when it starts to ground
- Add coconut oil as needed. Stop and stir around when needed.
- Be very patient, it takes time, but eventually it'll have a creamy texture. About 10-15 minutes.
*Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.