Crunchy Mash Sandwich/Salad
Thank you Laama for the inspiration. This recipe is adapted from a sandwich from heaven made with absolute love by one of the most creative people I know. Laama, khiazein.films
Thank you for all the love, inspiration, and your continuous support. Love you.
Alrrighhhttt. Enough vegan cheesy talk. Let's get into the recipe. This is with no comparison my all time favorite sandwich. It's full of flavor, texture, and love. Yes, a little bit of vegan cheese if I may.
It got all the flavors on the spectrum. The texture is mushy with a surprise crunch from the almonds here and there. It has it all. I dare say it's perfect.
Add avocados to it if you wish. It's already so good without, but avocados are good in any sandwich, so why not.
Crunchy Mash Sweet Potato Sandwich
- 1 large/medium sweet potato
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp of chopped fresh dill (sub with dried)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, cumin, and onion powder
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Cut the sweet potato into squares and boil for 15 minutes or until soft
- Drain the sweet potatoes and mash them with the chickpeas
- Add the spices, dijon mustard, lemon, and tahini and mash some more
- Add the almonds and mix
- Taste and adjust to your liking
- Heat whole wheat pita bread or your choice of bread
- Cut in half and stuff with the mixture
- Enjoy hot or cold. You can also turn it into a salad and skip the bread if you want.