This is my mother's favorite salad recipe that everyone loves, even the little ones. This is also my go-to salad recipe when I'm having friends over. Well, it's either this or tabouleh, but arugula salad is a lot easier to make!
We've been making this salad for years now. With time, we've noticed that it is very customizable depending on what you have on hand. What a discovery, I know. So yeah, that's why you'll see a lot of "optional" ingredients on the list. Feel free to play around with it. Add apples if you feel like it, get creative and let me know what you come up with!
- a big bunch of arugula about 4 cups
- 1 small white onion sliced
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1/4 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp fresh or dried pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil optional
- .5 tbsp balsamic vinegar or regular vinegar optional
- optional: cooked beets, sliced radishes
- Wash the arugula and let it air dry
- Roughly chop the arugula with your hands. Just to make sure there aren't any huge pieces there.
- In a bowl, add the sliced onion, top it with lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, and whatever else you decide to add. Roughly poke the onions so they absorb the mixture
- Add the arugula on the serving plate, topped with walnuts, pom seeds, sesame seeds, beets and radishes if using.
- Top with the onion mixture right before serving.