It's cold and n'ice cream isn't always a good option. So you keep having oatmeal for breakfast.
Oatmeal is great and it's one of my favorite meals. I don't get sick of oatmeal because there are so many ways to cook it and flavor it. But some people do.
Otherwise, give this Millet Porridge recipe a try! It's a new favorite.
Oh, the crunch. Best part? It doesn't leave an aftertaste like some other whole grains.
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup rice milk (or any other plant milk to make it creamier)
- 2 tbsp cacao
- date syrup, maple syrup, coconut sugar, or any other sweetener if using
- coconut, fruits, nuts, cranberries, or any other toppings
- In a small pot, add the millet with the water and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and let it simmer covered for 10-15 minutes
- DON'T stir it constantly as that will create lumps
- When all of the water is absorbed, let it sit covered for 10 minutes to fluff
- Add the milk if using and any other additives like cacao powder and stir well
- Add a sweetener if using and then top with your favorite toppings!