What's a better way to spend your Saturday morning than making pancakes? I mean sure, if you can go on an adventure somewhere outdoors, that would be better. But sometimes you just want to stay home and cozy up with a warm drink, some pancakes, and of course, chocolate. Oh and don't forget a good book.
After working my ass off the last few months, I started to miss being home and have some down time for myself. I'm a hardcore introvert (if that even makes sense). Spending time by myself, making some nourishing food, listening to music, reading, and journaling. All these are crucial things to me. If I spend a few weeks without any "me" time, I feel out of balance and drained.
Making pancakes is one of my favorite ways to spend time with myself or with a close friend. It's heart-warming.
So below is an easy recipe you can make with your family or your loved ones. Heck, or just by yourself. #SelfLove
Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes (Oil-Free!)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 ripe banana
- Prep two large mixing bowls
- In the first bowl, mix the flour and cinnamon
- In the second bowl, mash the banana
- Then mix all the remaining ingredients (plant milk, vinegar, and baking powder)
- Slowly with a spatula, add the liquid mixture to the dry
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over low-medium heat
- Add 1/3 cup of the batter to the pan and spread it
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes, one you see bubbles on the pancake's surface, FLIP IT LIKE A QUEEN!
- Let it cook for another minute or two
- Pre-heat your oven on 200F or 90C to keep your precious pancakes warm!
- Make the rest of the pancakes until you're out of batter.
- Enjoy with this mouth-watering cacao spread