Fall Pear Smoothie
I don't mean to brag. But this is by far the best smoothie I have ever had! The smell, the creaminess, oh and the sweetness. It's not too cold, making it perfect for those who live in colder places (not in my case, we're still under the warm sun here in Saudi Arabia).
I am a warm climate kind of person, I love feeling the sun’s warmth on my skin and being in light clothes all day and night. But fall still has a special place in my heart. It definitely comes second right after summer. It’s a beginning of a new routine, new opportunities, and discoveries. Embrace it all. The change in your schedule, the busy days, and the cool air.
Bundle up with a cup of herbal tea, blankets, a good book, a journal, and a pen. You might notice your physical activity to slow down a bit as the days get colder, but that’s okay. It will pass. And once the days start getting warmer again, you’ll notice that your activity will naturally start to increase. That is if you listen to your body and not get stuck with your winter habits.
The pears give it that unique sweet flavor. The spices warm up your body and give it that cozy smell. The bananas give it the nice texture. The almond butter makes it extra creamy. Oh oh oh and the vanilla! Don't dismiss this small addition; because trust me when I tell you that it'll take your smoothie to a whole new level! Mmmm.
Almond Pear Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1/2 large ripe pears
- 1/4 cup rice milk (almond milk or water)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla
- 1.5 large pears
- dash of cinnamon
Roasted Pears (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or (170°C)
- Slice one pear and a half thinly.
- Line them on a baking sheet covered with a nonstick Silpat or parchment paper .
- Sprinkle cinnamon over it
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes
- In a food processor or a high-speed blender
- Add half a raw pear and the rest of the ingredients except the roasted pears
- Pour in a bowl or a mason jar and top it with the roasted pears and some pumpkin granola or rawnola!