I've never been a cupcake person. I love muffins with all of their ugliness and imperfections. Especially especially pumpkin muffins! they are very satisfying, earthy, and full of warmth. Enjoy them with some warm chai or ginger tea and your heart will be hugged with love. Isn't that what fall is all about? Cozy afternoons with freshly baked goods and books!
I made this recipe five times until I found the perfect combination. Each time I improve it a little bit until it reached this goodness. I didn't use any oil in this recipe and my muffin pan wasn't non-stick! And believe it or not, the muffins did not stick! Another great thing about this plant-based recipe is that it wasn't dry whatsoever. These muffins were moist (I know no one likes this word and I apologize for using it, but it's the only word that describes the inside of these muffins. I ASKED GOOGLE) Anyways, they are crisp on the outside and moist on the inside. Looking for a special treat? add some vegan chocolate chips! Yum.
I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for following me on Instagram, snapchat, and YouTube and checking my website. I get so motivated every time someone reaches up to me. Especially when I was having a hard time photographing this recipe and I was sharing my struggle with Snapchat and ah you guys were so helpful! Someone sent me pictures of muffins in a basket and another friend told me to cut them up in half! All very helpful tips. Thank you all again.
Oat Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
- 1.5 cups of mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 cup date syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of allspice
- pinch of cardamom
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 3 cups rolled oats (or 2.5 cups oat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- optional: vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175C)
- Process the rolled oats in a food processor until it turns into oat flour
- Remove the flour from the food processor and into a large bowl
- In the bowl, add the baking powder
- In the food processor add all the ingredients to the food processor except for the dried cranberries
- Process until smooth
- Slowly add the liquid to the flour mixture and mix with a spatula gently.
- Add in the dried cranberries
- Scoop into a muffin tray add dark chocolate chips if you want on top
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Until a knife/toothpick comes out clean