Now that the name has caught your attention, this oatmeal is simply made with blueberries and coconut. No dates and no bananas as requested by a dear follower. If you want to see a specific recipe that suits your food intolerance or preference, please feel free to reach out to me and I'll do my best to come up with something delicious.
This recipe is very simple. Only three ingredients + a sweetener if you want to use one. I used frozen blueberries because I live in the desert, and that's the best I can get. We have fresh ones that come from the States, but they're expensive and I try to not buy things that are shipped from across the world. Because they're probably not that fresh and picked too early, before they ripen.
Buying only local is hard to do in Saudi, since most of the goods we have here are imported, buttt we have a lot of dates. LOTS of dates. Which makes me very happy and grateful. We also grow cucumbers (another favorite) zucchini, tomatoes, lemons, pomegranate, figs, some leafy greens, and some other vegetables.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1+1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
- 2 heaping tablespoons shredded coconut
- maple syrup or coconut sugar to taste
- 1+1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil then add the oats and reduce the heat
- When half of the water is absorbed, add the blueberries
- When all the water is absorbed
- Turn off the heat and add the coconut and the sweetener if using it.
- Add blueberries to the bottom of your jar
- Top them with the oats then the sweetener if using any
- Top them with the shredded coconut
- Top them with more blueberries
- Then pour the milk over them
- Close the jar and place in the fridge to chill