I got this recipe from BananaBlondie's video which she got from a book. You gotta love this plant-based recipe sharing and tweaking community! She tweaked the recipe a little bit, and I tweaked it a little bit more. Everyone's feeding off of each other's creativity. You got to love it. So feel free to add whatever you want to this recipe and please share with me your creations! I have and idea for a completely different combination that I'm so excited to try it and share with you guys!
- 2 cup buckwheat groats soaked
- 1 cup flaxseeds soaked in 1+1/4cups of water
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds soaked
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
*Add more maple syrup if you want it to be sweet. Mine was neutral.
- Drain the buckwheat groats and almonds
- Mix everything with a spatula
- If using the oven: heat the oven to 200F (~90C)
- spread evenly in one layer on a baking sheet and bake for 2 hours
- If using a dehydrator, then spread evenly on the sheets and dry for 10 hours, flipping half way through.
*Feel free to add in your favorite nuts, dried fruits, etc. Just keep the flaxseeds as they're necessary for keeping it together.