First of all, let me say that anyone old enough to turn on the stove can make this recipe. It's very easy and it'll only take 10 minutes max.
This is hands down my favorite oatmeal flavor. It's a basic recipe, but I thought it'd be a perfect addition to my Ramadan recipe series. Oatmeal is perfect for futoor or suhoor. It'll keep you full for a while, but at the same time, it's easily digested.
Cacao PB Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 3-5 soft dates pitted
- 1/2 tbsp cacao powder
- cinnamon and ginger optional
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- Bring water to boil then add the oats, cinnamon if using, and ginger.
- After two minutes or so add the dates.
- When most of the water is gone add the cacao then turn off the heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter.
- Top with your favorites! I topped mine with dried pomegranate seeds, cacao nibs, peanut butter, and a sukkari date.