This recipe is based from Forks Over Knives! If you haven't watched their movie; I highly recommend that you go watch it now. It's on Netflix!
Most of us know by now how healthy chia seeds are, but we often forget why they're healthy, except for the fact that they're high in omega three, you probably heard that one a hundred time. The other thing I like about chia seeds is that they're considered complete protein
Once I tried this recipe, I don't think I can go back to the old way of not blending them. By blending them, the chia seeds thicken more quickly and obviously it's so creamy (it doesn't get stuck in your teeth..)
Creamy Spiced Chia Pudding
- 1+ cup soy milk or any plant-based milk (use almond if raw)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp flaxseeds
- cinnamon, ginger, cardamom to taste
- 3 soft dates or sweetener of choice
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients except the dates (if using) until you don't see the seeds anymore
- Add the dates and blend some more
- Let it chill and thicken in the fridge for 30 minutes or so
- Top with your favorite nut butter (highly recommended). I toppped mine with almond butter, a date, and shredded coconut.
- Note: Add more or less milk depending on weather you want it to be thicker or creamier.