I've wanted to try dragon fruits for the longest time, but I also wanted to wait until I travel somewhere where it's grown locally. It seemed it would be a long time before I would try them if I stuck with my plans, so yesterday I gave in and let me say I do not regret it at all. I would've wasted so much time without having dragon fruits in my life!! They are so delicious, sweet, with just a little bit of tang. They reminded me of kiwis, but perhaps without the tartness.
This smoothie bowl took a while in the food processor/blender, but the end result is amazing. It's creamy and thick, just how I like 'em. Oh and did I mention that it's vegan and gluten-free?
- 1/2 dragon fruit
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 450 grams soft/silken tofu
- a hand full of frozen or fresh spinach
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- stevia or sweetener of choice
- 1 square organic fair trade Thoe coconut dark chocolate bar (see picture above)
- shredded coconut
- goji berries
- 1/3 dragon fruit