Cocoa Protein Smoothie Bowl
- Soft/Silken Tofu (my favorite is Trader Joe San Organic Tofu)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- Pure vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/4 tsp fresh ginger powder
- Wait for the bananas to brown and get spotted, then peel the bananas, store in a zip bag, then freeze overnight. Ripe bananas are sweeter and easier to digest. If you consume unripe bananas you might get constipated!
- If you want your bananas to ripen faster, keep them together, near avocados if possible, and remove the wrapping stores usually have around the top of the bananas.
- This smoothie is not sweet enough for most people. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar if you're used to sweets.
- Organic Cocoa nibs
- Chocolate peanut butter powder I added more water to make it sauce like.
- Passion fruit
- Shredded coconut
- Plantain or banana chips
- Aloha peanut butter chocolate chip protein bar
Aloha bars: I stopped buying protein bars since they are usually full of sugar and artificial flavors. I got this aloha bar for free, so I gave it a try. It's 99% organic, all natural, vegan. Full of flavor and very chewy, perfect as a smoothie topping! This bar has 12 grams of sugar and 18 grams of protein, not bad!